Sunday, October 12, 2008

2:13:07

Race day.  I left before dawn. 
 Walked around the field to warm up.
Had my photo taken with the other 300 Dana-Farber runners.
Then went for a run with 4000 other people.
It was a great day and I'm more than happy with my result. (Coulda been better if only I hadn't stopped to pee...)  Thank you to all my sponsors and a special thank you to Gayle for cheering us on at Mile 11.  It was a much needed boost.  I'll draw for the prizes tomorrow.  If you haven't donated and were waiting to see if I would finish, go here.

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Congratulations!!! That's a major accomplishment.

4:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are amazing- and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for running for Erika and all the others you ran for!

5:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay you!!!

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Carol!

11:23 PM  
Blogger Susie Hewer said...

Well done. It is irritating when you have to take a loo break though. What was your time?

12:39 AM  
Blogger Susie Hewer said...

You little star! That was almost exactly (to within a few seconds) my time for my first ever 1/2. Thanks for the donation too, I only wish I could reciprocate. You might want to mention the security angle to the site provider.

I hope you'll continue running as you've done so well.

4:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done! Congratulations on a great effort.

J

6:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very well done.

Philppa

8:31 AM  
Blogger Stephanie B said...

Congratulations on your race. And thank you so much for putting my grandmother's name on your shirt. Its nice to remember our loved ones in the name research.

12:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home